The mission of the EHS Guidance Counseling Program is to work with the faculty, students, parents, and the community to facilitate success in the lives of each individual student in the areas of academic, career, and personal/social development. Students’ needs are met through educational/career planning, prevention, crisis intervention, individual and group guidance counseling that produces responsible graduates.
One Team…One Goal…Excellence!
All About Me!
I’m Buffy Lusk, the Guidance Counselor at EHS. I have 23 years in education, 17 years as a school counselor. I received my Bachelors Degree from Ole Miss, my Masters and Specialist Degrees from Mississippi College. I am a National Certified Counselor, a National Certified School Counselor, and I am a certified Reality Therapist. Clif Lusk and I have been married for 22 years. We have four children: Clifton, Caitie, Mary Lacy, and May Morgan Lusk. In my spare time, I teach gymnastics and dance at Wiregrass Dance in Elba. I look forward to serving your counseling needs!
- Motivation & goal setting
- Decision-making , problem solving skills
- Course advisement, yearly progression/credits
- Study skills & development of lifelong learning habits
- Dual Enrollment
- Financial Aid & scholarship information
- Test data analysis
- School improvement planning
- Family issues
- Relationship concerns
- School related concerns: tardiness, truancy, dropout prevention, & behavior
- Parent education
- Community outreach
- Teacher/administrator consultation
- Academic concerns
- Kuder Career assessment, four year planning, and development
- ASVAB testing
- Career Directions training
- Awareness of educational opportunities
- Awareness of career/technical training opportunities
- Recruiter & community visitors
How can the counselor help parents?
- Register a student
- Student Achievement concerns
- College & Career Information
- Scholarship Information
- Test interpretation
- Discuss any needs of their child
- Academic Planning
- Family difficulties and concerns
Parents can contact me by calling the school to set up a phone conference
or a school visit.
How does a student
see the counselor?
- Request of a teacher or other staff referral
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Friend referral
- Request of a counselor
For scholarship and other information visit Mrs. Lusk's page on