The STEM Summer Program is open to students in grades K-9. The program will focus on a deeper look into STEM possibilities through use of the Elba Career Academy and field trips related to STEM. Students will have the opportunity to:
- Become “Master Chefs” through the exploration of Culinary Science
- Travel down the avenue of health science and become a “Dr. of Health and Fitness”
- Navigate engineering through visiting Camp Butter and Egg and Adventureland.
- Participate in a STEM Water Day
- Become a STEM savy “Entreprenuers” through participation in an Entrepreneurship Program through the Elba Chamber of Commerce
- Be exposed to other STEM based programs and activities throughout the summer program
Dates: Monday thru Thursday June 5th – June 30th
Place: Elba Elementary School
Time: 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
Fees: Pre-registration fee $5.00 and a $35.00 participation fee for all activities
Students will be provided both breakfast and lunch through participation in the program. Parents will be responsible for student transportation to and from the program each day.
Space is limited to the first 50 registrations. The $5.00 pre-registration fee must be paid at the time the registration form is submitted. The $35.00 program fee should be paid no later than May 19th. Registration forms received after the first 50 have been accepted will be placed on a waiting list and contacted as slots become available.
Complete the attached form and return it to school to register your child for the STEM Summer Program.